Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mr. Red is now at home

Today two of my kids, and my one granddaughter, took Mr.Red up to his new home in the Seattle area.  It is always a bittersweet time for us to deliver our puppies to their new homes.  The really good side of the equation is that the puppies are now going to get the one on one love and attention that we know they deserve.  Mr. Red is a sweet, cuddly little man who loves to look you in the eyes as you rub his ears or his chin.  You just know that he is enjoying the attention and wants you to enjoy this too!  His big brown eyes grab your heart and make you wish this was the only thing you had to do all day.


This morning as we went out for potty and got him ready for the trip to Seattle, Red was aware that something was up.  He didn't want to get out of the crate and have the leash put on.  After he was in the car and the kids were getting ready to leave, I had some time with him to rub his ears and to give him several hugs.  He melted into me and it was so hard to let him go.  That is the difficult part of the equation.  He is such a wonderful dog and it is so hard to say goodbye.  I have watched him grow up from the day he was born.  I have enjoyed every stage of his development.  He has been such a gentle soul and such a calm puppy.  I know that Jessica and Russ will love him as much as I do.  But, I won't be with him to love him face to face.  I hope to hear from them about how he is and what they are doing with him.  We always enjoy hearing about how the families who have our dogs are happy with them.  


Later this week we send Maggie to Alaska, and Black to Vermont.  More ups and downs, but we love to know that the dogs are getting all the love they need.  Thank you to all the families who have our dogs, and who love them the way we want to love them.  


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment